This section provides recommendations for water conservation tactics that are applicable to kitchen uses. Provides tip of using small amount of water for cooking because "food is more nutritious since vitamins and minerals are not poured down the drain with the extra cooking water."
See this langauge: "nutritious;" and "vitamins and minerals." § 6-43.
See, e.g., references to "save water," and "water conservation" § 6-43(6),(8).
Law refers to utility bill savings. § 6-43(2).
"In-home water use accounts for an average of 65 percent of total residential use, while the remaining 35 percent is used for exterior residential purposes such as lawn watering and car washing. Average residential in-home water use data indicate that about 40 percent is used for toilet flushing, 35 percent for bathing, 11 percent for kitchen uses, and 14 percent for clothes washing. Water-saving methods that can be practiced by the individual water user are listed in this division." § 6-41.
Section 6-43 (Kitchen Uses) is located in Chapter 6 (Buildings and Building Regulations), Article II (Water Conservation), Division 2 (Water Savings in the Home and Business), Section 6-43 (Kitchen Uses). History: although not specifically noted at section 6-43, this article appears to have been enacted by Ord. No. VII-4-B-87, app. A, 10-26-87.